6a. - Outreach - artifacts
- I am an active member of the Angel's Closet ministry's Board of Directors. I attend the monthly board meetings and I volunteer at the monthly bag sales. Joining the Board of Directors was an opportunity that arose because of my successful NELA summer community internship.
- I attended the Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce's Educator "After Hours."
- I asked the Hands of Love ministry at my church (High Hills Baptist) to knit hats and scarves for the CMS Exceptional Children's self-contained class for me to give the students as Christmas presents. The ladies in the ministry went above and beyond for me -- they knitted additional scarves for the students to give their mothers as Christmas presents. I spent the afternoon of December 9, 2015, in the classroom with students. I gave each student his or her present and helped each one wrap the presents for his/her mother. This experience was a special connection between my church, who prayed in worship services and Bible studies over the gifts and for the students, and my sweet students.
- I attend important events in the lives of students and staff including the JROTC Military Ball and family members' funerals.
- I coach t-ball in the recreational league and build relationships with 4-6 year olds and their parents..
6b. - Mandates - artifacts
- I serve as the local trainer for the Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) local mandate. I work with eight teachers, who will be LDC lead teachers, two principals, four assistant principals, the executive director of secondary education, the chief academic officer, the superintendent, and the SREB LDC trainer to implement the LDC mandate.
- I worked with Chaloner's testing coordinator to ensure testing modifications were followed on EOG tests and to create a testing schedule for EOGs and CTE final exams.