5a. - Budget - artifacts
- I created a budget for Ahoskie Elementary School.
- I interviewed Tommy Britton, RRGSD Finance Officer, and Dr. John Parker, Interim Superintendent, regarding the RRGSD budget.
- I worked within a budget to organize a trip the team of six to attend the SREB's Networking and High Schools That Work Summer Conference to Louisville, Kentucky.
- I talked with Principal Jeff White and Principal Tammie Williams about how they work within their budgets.
- In planning for a POWER/SMART lunch, I am leading a discussion of how implementation will affect the school's budget.
- I empowered one CMS staff member to become a demonstration teacher for flipped classrooms for other teachers at CMS and RRHS. I coordinated visits to her classrooms and arranged for feedback for her afterward. She is now able to provide professional development for other teachers in the district, instead of having to bring in outside consultants, which saves money.
- I observed and participated in a group parent conference to address social media issues that were interfering with school behavior.
- I participated in resolving an on-going conflict between a teacher and her assistant.
- I resolved a conflict a teacher had with LDC implementation by facilitating crucial conversations with the teacher, administration, and SREB trainer.
- The superintendent negotiated a contract with SREB for four days of LDC roll out training for the lead and second wave teachers. We thought it would be a great experience to set up a LDC PLC. However, the teachers are feeling overwhelmed because they had already missed seven days of instruction for LDC (without 4 more right before EOC/AP tests). Each lead teacher came to me stressed about the days the principal said s/he had to attend. The principal was adamant that the teachers attend. I sat on it, talked to the other principal, and SREB trainer. I waited and had a crucial conversation with the first principal about a compromise. I changed the schedule, so the lead teachers will attend and present those days during planning. The compromise resolved the conflict, and teachers and administrators are both pleased.
- RRGSD Employee Handbook
- I created a summary report of 2014-2015 EC discipline actions for use in a grant proposal (August 2015). I created a detailed report of 2015-2016 discipline infractions at CMS. I disaggregated the results by gender, race, exceptionality, and grade level.
- I communicate via email, informal conversations, formal dialogue, formal PD presentations, crucial conversations, and crucial accountability conversations throughout the year.
- I created a letter of introduction for CMS staff and sent via email.
5d. - Expectations - artifacts
- I have observed and participated in student and employee disciplinary meetings that included lawful searches of students and placing letters in employees' personnel files.
- I handled student discipline infractions at CMS and RRHS. I utilized the discipline matrix, restorative justice, and parent/student/teacher conferences.