2a. - Learning and Teaching - artifacts
- I created a Deconstructing Standards Protocol for math teachers at Chaloner Middle School with Jeff Merithew (Relevant Mathematics math consultant) and Jeff White (Principal of CMS) that aligns with the Math Design Collaborative (MDC), NCTM Mathematical Best Practices, and Relevant Mathematics math progressions.
- As part of the administrative team at Chaloner Middle School, I developed professional development for teachers. In September 2015, we focused on student engagement and LDC/MDC overview.
- I co-authored and co-taught LDC modules (such as "Surviving the Fire: Coping with Life's Changes") with teachers at Chaloner Middle School and Roanoke Rapids High School.
- As the co-chair of the Instructional Team at Roanoke Rapids High, I led sessions on Data Mining, which looked at EVAAS, benchmark, and NCFE/EOC/VOCATS data to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses in learning, teaching, curriculum, and instruction.
2b. - Instructional Time - artifacts
- As the co-chair of the Instructional Team, I analyzed the master schedule to make sure it included individual planning for every teacher and on-going collaborative planning for PLCs whenever possible.
- As part of the Chaloner administration team, I created a new schedule for our exceptional children's self-contained classroom.
- I worked with Roanoke Rapids High School's Instructional and School Improvement Teams to investigate creative scheduling options. I coordinated the RRHS investigation of POWER lunch including arranging for Dr. Eddie Price and other Johnston County administrators to visit RRHS. I scheduled trips for RRHS staff to visit South Johnston High School, Cleveland High School, and Corinth Holders High School to see their POWER lunches.