1a. - School Vision - artifacts
- My traditional School Vision (narrative) and progressive School Vision (Google Slides below)
- Chaloner Middle School's Mission and Vision
- I worked with Chaloner's School Improvement Team (SIT) and Roanoke Rapids High School's Instructional and School Improvement Teams to re-evaluate each school's mission, vision, and core values and to investigate creative scheduling options. I coordinated the RRHS investigation of POWER lunch including arranging for Dr. Eddie Price and other Johnston County administrators to visit RRHS and scheduling trips for RRHS staff to visit South Johnston High School, Cleveland High School, and Corinth Holders High School to see their POWER lunches and SMART lunch. I facilitated a debrief meeting, formed subcommittees, and provided objectives and essential questions for each subcommittee during a meeting on April 11, 2016 (see agenda below).
- I attended, conducted learning walks, and presented LDC at RRHS to the principals, superintendent, HR director, and executive directors of curriculum at the RRGSD Principals Meeting on March 3, 2016.
- DLP Session #1 - reflection
1b. - Leading Change - artifacts
- I am the local trainer for the Literacy Design Collaborative (LDC) and have been trained by the SREB; I have created a classroom walk through form that looks for evidence of LDC implementation.
- As the co-chair of the Instructional Team, I led Data Mining sessions using EVAAS, benchmark, and NCFE/EOC/VOCATS results. (Video overview of the Instructional Team)
- In 2014-15, I co-authored and presented professional development for Roanoke Rapids High School entitled "A Pathway to Rigor" and "What's Writing Got to Do with It?"; Principal Tammie Williams and I presented "A Pathway to Rigor" at the 2015 NC ASCD conference in Pinehurst, NC.
1c. - School Improvement Plan - artifacts
- Chaloner Middle School Strategic Plan
- I was a member of the Chaloner Middle School School Improvement Team to create the Strategic Plan (School Improvement Plan) for 2015-2016.
- I presented Chaloner Middle School's School Improvement Plan to the Roanoke Rapids Graded School District Board of Education.
- As the LDC local trainer, I performed classroom observations, coaching visits, classroom walkthroughs, and attended and led workshops on LDC and literacy strategies.
- I utilized Facilitative Leadership’s Consensus Decision Making Protocol at RRHS. Teachers determined the definition of rigor and the “look for” list that administrators would use when observing for rigor in classrooms. (Video summary of the experience of using the protocol to determine rigor)
- I adapted a protocol for deconstructing the standards for use at Chaloner Middle School. I gave it to the administrative team, who made suggestions that I adapted. I used it with it one PLC and had them make suggestions before presenting it to the entire staff on December 10, 2015. Along with Principal White, Jeff Merithew (external consultant for Relevant Mathematics), and the sixth grade math PLC, I adapted this protocol for CMS math teachers.
- I led a workshop on December 14, 2015, for the RRHS lead LDC teachers. I used Facilitative Leadership skills to lead the teachers in consensus decision making to determine how we would lead LDC implementation for all RRHS ELA, science, social studies, and CTE teachers in 2016.
- I empowered one CMS staff member to become a demonstration teacher for flipped classrooms for other teachers at CMS and RRHS. I coordinated visits to her classrooms and arranged for feedback for her afterward.
- I used distributive leadership with RRHS LDC teachers. We prepared the agenda and Google Slides presentation together to present an overview of LDC for the RRHS staff on February 9, 2016, and these teachers facilitated that presentation for their colleagues.